About the Library
The Library was established in 1977.
We moved into our current building in the fall of 1988.
The White Settlement Public Library provides an organized collection of print and non-print materials for patrons of all ages that meet their informational, educational, and recreational needs. The Library recognizes the importance of patron and staff access to the Internet and strives to keep abreast of new technologies. Special emphasis is placed on providing current, high-demand, high-interest materials in a variety of formats. The Library encourages young children's interest in and appreciation of reading and the search for knowledge. In addition, the Library provides timely, accurate, and useful information and serves as a learning and educational center for all residents of the community.
The Library is committed to serving the needs of its patrons and all citizens of White Settlement. The Library pledges to deliver cost effective services in a personal, responsive, and innovative manner. The Library of White Settlement will adhere to the following values:
- Take pride in achieving the highest quality in all that we do.
- Encourage progressive thinking through citizen and employee involvement and teamwork.
- Achieve a positive solution to every problem.
- Recognize the Library's responsibility and accountability.
- Strive for positive liaisons with other City departments.
- Treat all patrons and employees fairly and equally.
- Interact with patrons to develop innovative programs to meet changing needs of the community.
We are positive, results-oriented, and committed to accomplishing the Library's mission and established goals and objectives.